The Shadowers’ Choice Awards
Over 2,000 young voices, in 134 groups of Shadow Judges, have cast their ballots in the CBCA Sun Project: Shadow Judging. Voting closed midnight (WA time) on Friday July 29. The announcement was live here on Friday August 26 during CBCA Book Week. You can watch the announcement of the winners here.
Creative Responses and Creative Visits are welcomed right through to Book Week when the announcement of the winners will be made.
Voting was only open to registered groups. After careful discussion and deliberation each group selected the one book in their chosen category that they believed best meets the CBCA judging criteria.
The following video showed the voting process these awards. Beneath the video you can find a step by step guide to the same process.
Casting Your Vote
Each group only gets ONE vote. It is the responsibility of each Group Facilitator to ensure that a fair and equitable decision has been made by their group.
Once the group’s decision has been finalised the Group Facilitator can go to the website and cast the group’s vote. This must be done by midnight on Friday July 29 for the group’s vote to count.
When it’s time to vote each group facilitator should:
- Log in to the website.
- Go to the Group Dashboard.
- You might want to click the Check my Group Details button to make sure that the category of books you are judging is correctly selected.
- The vote button is only displayed for the category of books you have been reading.
- Go to the the Read page on the main menu select the category that your group has been Shadow Judging: Either Older Readers, Younger Readers, Early Childhood, Picture Book of the Year or Eve Pownall.
- Click on the cover image of the book you wish to vote for.
- Find the button Vote for this Book beneath the cover of your chosen title.
- Click on the button.
- Once clicked your vote will counted and the Vote Button will disappear.
- A message will confirm that you have successfully cast your vote.
The Shadowers’ Choice Awards will be announced in Book Week at 12 noon on August 26th. A video of the announcement will be hosted on the website.